If the PSM (Parametric special module) had not been installed in the Benz Sprinter vehicle, SCN coding must be performed together with MB STAR diagnostic system.
What’s the PSM?
The Parametric Special Module (PSM) is an optional electronic module that is the only approved analog and digital gateway into the vehicle’s electronic system. Since model year 2007 the Sprinter has a fully multiplexed electronic system, networked with several CAN bus systems and the PSM was developed specifically to provide upfitters, fleets and customers’ access to individual types of CAN bus data.
MB STAR diagnostic system (MB SD Connect Compact C4 and Super MB STAR C3 multiplexer)
Online SCN coding software service for Star diagnosis
A laptop that fits MB STAR (O/S according to the HDD type)
NOTE: Our SCN coding can only work on MB SD CONNECT COMPACT 4 (Item number SP100-D) and Super MB STAR C3 (Item number SP45-B). This one only can be used on 2014.12 or newer star software. Cannot be used on software HDD before 2014.12 version.
PSM SCN coding can be done both online and offline. Here is the online SCN coding guide.
1. Configure MB STAR:
Come to “SDnet Control” menu>> Configuration >>Network: workshop cable network>> Place a checkmark next to “Automatically obtain IP address”
2. To check the active Internet connection, select Star Browser. The registration window for the after-sales platform should open. Enter the Service Name and password if request.
3. Connect MB STAR diagnostic system with vehicle
4. Start STAR DAS software program
5. Select Benz model and make: Vans>>V-Class >>Sprinter>>Model designation>>Vehicle recognition. If the vehicle is not recognized, enter the required data manually (e.g. Germany, Rest of World)
6. Entry for retrofits and modifications – Select “Online” (“networked Star Diagnosis device”)
7. Change or enter the vehicle equipment codes: + ED5 (PSM installed), – ED8 (PSM preinstallation).
NOTE: If the vehicle does not have a preinstallation (ED8), ED8 does not need to be changed to ED5.
8. Run a Quick test
9. Come to the EIS (electronic ignition starter switch) control unit>> Control unit adaptation >>SCN coding >>Select the “Online (networked Star Diagnosis unit)” menu option
10. SCN coding will start automatically (visible on the progress bar on the screen). Please strictly follow the STAR diagnostic software instructions. Otherwise the control unit may be destroyed during the coding procedure.
11. When the system display a comment “The coding variant has been changed”, the SCN coding is completed. The parameterization has been completely taken over in the EIS and is thus finished.
Choose right MB Star diagnosis C3, C4