A new MB E-Class Coupe 2010 model owner was looking help at obdii365 customer service. Following questions and confuses he put forward have been settled and will lead Benz MB STAR diagnostic system new beginners to a correct way.
Hey, I am new to STAR diagnosis field. I have been considering all of these questions:
1. All MB STAR system are look similar (Super MB STAR C3, MB STAR C3, SD Connect C4), are they all different?
2. Is the MB STAR diagnostic tool can operate on a Virtual machine? The shops sell Star tools with T30 and Dell 630 are running on Virtual Machine?
3. Can we order a MB STAR (C3 or SD C4) multiplexer + cables and install DAS/XENTRY alone (ie not buy everything HDD)?
4. What is the difference between MB STAR DAS and Xentry software?
That’s a lot of questions, but it is difficult to find clear and precise answers. So I leave it to you! I’m interested in explanations, information, links etc, in French or English, Thanks!!
And following are the obdii365 customer’s clear & precise answers:
a. All STAR system shares the basic diagnostic software, like DAS, XENTRY, WIS, ST Finder etc. Super has much more software than other star diagnostic systems. Super MB SATR C3 has Develop Mode, Smart TAN code etc software etc that other Star tools does not have.
b. Super MB STAR C3 multiplexer can be updated online. MB SD Connect Compact 4 and MB STAR C3 do not support update.
c. MB SD Connect 4 is the newer and most respected Star tool for MB models.
d. Best price MB SATR C3 version cannot support Benz trucks. Other Star multiplexers work both cars& trucks.
2. Yes, MB STAR external software HDD can be loaded on Virtual Machine. If you get T30 or Dell D630 format HDD, you can only loaded it on T30 or Dell D630 laptop. If you buy external HDD, you can install it on Virtual Machine. But internal HDD runs faster than external HDD.
How to install the VMware for MB star C3, SD C4 External HDD
3. If you need to buy Star Multiplexer without HDD, then go for this: Best quality MB STAR C3 without software HDD. The better suggestion is that you get the MB STAR SD Connect and Dell D630 laptop which software in pre-installed, you did not need to install software by yourself.
MB STAR DAS: the automatically Diagnosis Assistance System
Xentry: New software released by Benz Company to diagnose new cars.
DAS in old software
XENTRY is newer software
The Star diagnostic tool it self determines which software you are going to use. That means STAR diagnosis will read your vehicle and enter into Xentry first, if your vehicle has to be done via DAS, it will go into DAS, otherwise it will stay in XENTRY)