Here is the auto diagnostic tool VCM2 factory reset instruction.
1. Shut down the IDS application if it is running
2. Power off VCM2
3. Disconnect the USB cable from the PC USB port
4. Disconnect the USB cable from the VCM2 diagnostic multiplexer
5. Disconnect the vehicle cable from the vehicle DLC
6. Remove the VCMII device rubber boot at the USB cable connection side
6. Verify that all LEDs on VCM2 are off
7. Start the IDS application.
8. Press and hold the plastic tab. Do not release the tab until Step 11.
9. Connect the VCM II to the PC using the USB cable.
10. Wait for the VCM II’s Power LED to remain on and for the unit to beep.
11. Release the plastic tab – the VCM II will be in Recovery Mode.
12. The IDS pop-up window shown as below will appear notifying the user that a new version of VCM
II software is available. Select the Tick button to update the VCM II software.
Follow the IDS on-screen instructions to complete the software installation.
Top 5 Reasons to get VCM II:
1. FORD IDS Version: V97, Mazda IDS Version: V96
2. Support virtual machine, Ford and Mazda software can be installed on one computer.
3. Support multi-languages:
4. Update by CD with unlocked firmware
5. Support both new and old vehicles.