This post is about how to add spare key for BMW E45 EWS3, and the working key programmer is Ak90+ key programmer.
Car model and year:
BMW 318ci e46 2002 coupe
Only have 1 working key so want to clone one spare key.
– AK90 V3.19 Key Programmer
As a locksmith, I recommend this one $119 free shipping and working.
– A blank replacement
Tips – especially for beginners
If you are willing to pay for a tool and make a try to program your own key here is what you need :
1. Your car has EWS3 module with 0D69j MCU motorolla.
2. check your key if it has a transponder in it PCF 7935 if not you need to buy one ( and if your remote is original probably it has the OLD transponder in it comes as a 8 legs SOIC chip, leave it and remove the coil on the remote or the small grey resistor next to it )
3. BUY an AK90 key programmer (the one from China is working) and read the manual in it to see how to read the EWS3 and write back on PCF7935
FYI, to know AK90 installation, tips, reading key, and writing key, read the EWS3 and write back on PCF7935, you need to read AK90 key programmer user manual
4. When all these are accomplished, go to your car install back in the EWS3 which is under the steering on your left hand side and run the car with your new key
and NOW you are A LOCKSMITH
PS: it’s the easiest job for the experienced LOCKSMITH and still require some professionalism in case you did something wrong, for the beginner you might risk paying a lot for the damage and your car on halt.