Select Immobilizer-Sprinter-Smart Mode
Reading vehicle information
Follow 7 steps to complete key programming
1. Read EIS data
2. Read ignition key information
3. Read blank key information
4. Calculate key password
5. Generate key file
6. Write key file
7. Test if the new key works normally.
Let’s get into the details:
Detecting frequency. Put the ignition key close to the programmer remote reception position and press any button of the key
Autel IM608 displayed number of possible existing keys: 3 and No smart key, press OK to continue
IM608 ask do you have a key password, if no press OK to enter Password Calculation process
Follow steps below to calculate key password
1. Insert the ignition key into the EIS and wait for 5s
2. Remove the ignition key
3. Insert the key into the EIS and wait for 2s
4. After pulling the ignition key out, insert it into the IR keyhole on the XP400 programmer
5. Collecting data, calculating password
(The whole process takes about 10-30m)
After the key password is calculated, it may be required to insert and remove the ignition key for multiple times before it can start the vehicle.
Password calculation completed.
Insert the new key into EIS. If the red indicator on the key turns on and goes off, the key learning is successful
If the red indicator stays on, try inserting and removing the key for several times, if still not working, add key failed.