Obdii365.com received new feedback from customer: ” I can set reprogramming voltage to 18V on PIN 13 and do reprogramming for a Ford J1850 PWM vehicle using the SVCI J2534 passthru adapter. This is just as expected. ”
So is it worth buying the j2534 cable?
What’s good of svci j2534?
- Works with bunch of manufacturer’s software, like Ford’s IDS, Mazda IDS, FDRS, Toyota TIS, JLR SDD, ELMconfig, Forscan etc.
- Works with official latest ids software
- Online software & firmware update
- Installation is very easy with the included loader
What’s bad of svci j2534?
- Sometimes it is instable and sometimes disconnect from car.
- It will not program older vehicles (seemed has been fixed in new upgrade). vcm2 is better for the older ones.
In sum, this device pays for itself.
FLY Technician has solved the J1850 PWM protocol module programming bugs. So it will reprogram J1850 modules without issue.
What you need:
SVCI J2534 diagnostic interface
Ford IDS software and QuickLoader
PCM module to be installed
Tips on software installation:
1. Install latest ids 120
2. Install ids_vci
3. Install SVCI-J2534-Ford-Quickloader
4. Insert svci2534 to your car obd2 port
5. Run icon SVCI-J2534-Ford-Quickloader (internet connection should be ON)
All of those installer packages you can find in download section from flyobd website (check download link above.)
Here is a demo guide on SVCI J2534 J1850 PWM module programming:
Test module information
Part number: F8CF-12A650-CE
Protocol: J1850 PWM
Test target: Module programming
Note: Must update firmware to 001.031 version or above version.
Connect svci j2534 interface with vehicle
Make sure the communication indicator of svci flashes
Start Ford IDS QuickLoader on desktop, it will ask for Firmware Update
Update upgrade firmware to 001.031
Install a new module in vehicle
Note: Do not start a reprogramming session with a low battery in the vehicle and programming tool.
The fuel pump and the engine cooling fan(s) may run during the following procedure.
If you are programming a 6.0L diesel, the FICM relay must be removed before programming
Set ignition switch to ON
Downloading data for PCM reprogramming until complete
If required, obtain a PCM reprogramming label and complete with the following data.
Place the completed label in the appropriate position. It is not required on vehicles served in North American.
Start engine but do not depress the throttle pedal.
Turn OFF ignition switch
Turn ON ignition switch
J1850 PWM protocol PCM reprogramming completed.
Other unbiased reviews on SVCI J2534:
1.I just did a PCM/TCM Module programming on a 2014 fiesta with the svci j2534 today. Honestly I was surprised how well it worked. I would suggest a usb Y cable. I was having issues before because my laptop USB port did not supply enough current.
2. svci j2534 work good i tested many times program keys, sync immo , remove speedlimiter etc. and work OK