This is how to do Nissan ECU reprogramming, incl. the definition and suggestion of diagnostic tools and tips of ecu reprogramming. Enjoy!
What’s the difference of ECU Programming and Reprogramming?
Ecu programming is programming of ecu. It can be new or used ecu. But the word reprogramming is when a key or ecu has been already programmed but the after a while
It stopped working so you need to reprogram again. It normally happens to Mercedes keys. If you program after a while
It stops working so you need to reprogram or program a new one
Ecu programming is programming of either used or new ecu
We can still reprogram ecu if after a while the ecu program fails
(Credits to Carl)
How to determine whether a reprogramming event is needed for a particular vehicle?
Using the service information websites, locate an applicable TSB for your incident. Select NERS J2534 ECU programming, then select the “Reprogramming” tab, Search for TSB to find a TSB that has been published about the incident. The TSB will provide applicable reprogramming instructions.
How to choose a decent auto diagnostic tool to reprogram Nissan?
Nissan ecu programming is easy.
Some can be done by most tools like Launch. But CONSULT is the best.
Programming or reprogramming of control modules can be accomplished by using one of the following methods:
- For reprogramming, Nissan ECU Reprogramming Software (NERS) is the SAE J2534 complaint software. NERS Supports ECM and TCM reprogramming. NERS must be used in conjunction with a validated SAE J2534 compliant pass-through device.
- A Nissan CONSULT can be used for reprogramming model year 1999 and newer Nissan and Infiniti vehicles. The Nissan CONSULT II and III are no longer available for purchase, but users may still purchase reprogramming files designed specifically for use with this equipment.
- CONSULT II supports reprogramming on 1999 through 2006 model year vehicles.
- CONSULT III supports reprogramming on most 2003 through 2009 model year vehicles.
- CONSULT III Plus supports ECM reprogramming on most 1999 model year and later and some TCM and ABS/VDC reprogramming.
- CONSULT III Plus supports blank ECM and TCM programming. September 2013 Nissan and Infiniti began the phase-in of “blank” service part ECMs and TCMs. Depending on the model and model year, replacement modules come without software. When the replacement module is installed in an applicable vehicle for any reason, it will need to be programmed.
This is where you can buy a decent CONSULT III Plus can be purchased at http://www.obdii365.com/wholesale/nissan-consult-3-plus-nissan-consult-3-nissan-diagnostic-tool.html
How to reprogram an ECU with a Consult 3 Plus:
This is a Nissan Consult 3 Plus confirmed to work for ECU reprogramming
Tips: (might be helpful for you)
you need to edit the file DiagnoticTool.ini to enable reprogramming and also IMMO. Or if you have money to waste buy the reprogramming card and the NATS card. Add the following line to the DiagnosticTool.ini file
also make sure system management access_mode is set to 1. That should give you full access. That’s not to say that it will work if you do not have the correct calibration file in the reprogramming folder on the C drive.