Cheap OBD2 diagnostic code reader, thinkdiag, autel ap200 and Bluedriver, can you guide me what difference among them, which one is better, what problems of the kit, and any suggestions?
First check the table comparison here:
|Software||DEMO +EOBD2+ Auto Search + 1 car software with the initial purchase. Manufacturer Software Price for Each: $39.95/year
Reset Software Price for Each: $49.95/yearIf you need to activate all car brands, purchase full brands license.
|One free vehicle software with the initial purchase. $21.99 buying 12-month use permission of one more car model||—|
|Complete OBD2 Functions||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Bi-directional Control (Actuation Test)||Yes||No||No|
SRS, ABS, Oil reset, SAS, BMW, TPMMS, EPB, DPF, IMMO, Injector, Gearbox reset, Sunroof reset, EGS, etc
SRS, ABS, Oil reset, SAS, BMW, TPMMS, EPB, DPF, IMMO etc
|Vehicle Coverage||37 Brand (will be Up to 115)||Unknown (Basic functions only)||13 Brand major systems read/clear DTCs|
|Online diagnostic report||Yes||Yes||No|
|Real-time data stream||Yes||Yes||No|
|Other advanced special features||Yes||No||No|
|Language||English, French, Spanish, German, Italian, Portuguese, Japanese, Russian||English, Chinese, French, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Dutch, Polish, Swedish, Korean, Japanese, Russian, Italian.||English only|
|Type||DIY OBD2 Scanners and professional user (with full license)||DIY OBD2 Scanners||DIY OBD2 Scanners|
- True bi-directional testing!
- full system diagnosis + 16 special functions
- able to activate full brands with service functions unlocked (check: How to activate thinkdiag full brands?)
- able to see data that other cheaper scanner couldn’t do
- Downloading the app and setup was very easy.
- You do have to pay an annual software update/license fee for the enhanced/bidirectional software. (Basic OBDII always works.)
- The locked bootloader can only work on thinkdiag server. After the subscription expires it turns to a normal usb dongle and they want $40 dollars per make.
- OE-level diagnostic function, easy to use
- Various advanced service functions.
- Picks up car information automatically (Auto-VIN).
- Keeps a record of previously tested vehicles.
- only get one free car software,if need other car software, need pay
- Costly if you want to use on a second vehicle.
- Easy to use
- Compatible with iOS and Android devices;
- Good tech support.
- not support ABS and transmission for all cars.
- no other special functions
- Not compatible with iPad Pro with iOS 11.x.
Thinkdiag and Ap200 are subscription per make. Both come with 1 year free subscription for 1 make.
thinkdiag is bidirectional code scanner and can do actuation test and special functions. Similar to thinkplus or X431 pro scanner.
AP200 only read, clear codes, live data, and some resets. More similar to an MK808.
Bluedriver is a simple obd2 code reader, only read, clear codes, live data. Similar to ELM327 and its app.
If you are a DIYer, we would recommend Bluedriver over ap200 in terms of per make subscription and update cost.
If you are a professional user, we would recommend Thinkdiag over Autel ap200.