Hello, I recently bought the Autel Maxidiag MD808 scanner but I made a mistake, it was not the MD808 Pro it’s the MD808 for 4 systems only, can you share a device account to try to update mine, if it works out I only paid for the password , registration and serial number, or can they suggest that you accept it? Thank you.
Solution from obdii365.com:
Yes. Autel MD808 4 system is possible to be updated to MD808 Pro full system.
1) If you bought the device from us (www.obdii365.com), you need to compensate the price difference of pro version (US$14) and provide your scanner Serial Number to us to run an upgrade.
2)If you didn’t buy the device from us, you need pay more price difference (US$30) and provide S/N as well. We can activate the update service for you.
What’s the benefits comparing MD808 4-system and full system?
MD802 4-system vs. MD802 Full vs. MD808 4-system vs. MD808 Pro All Systems
Autel MD808 Pro vs. Autel Autolink AL609 vs. AL629
Autel MD808 Pro vs. Launch CRP129
How to Register and Update Autel MaxiDiag MD808 Pro Scanner
How To Register Autel MaxiDiag MD808/MD808 Pro?
User would update the scan tool ONLY after you had registered the tool on our website: www.autel.com. Then you could download software, update online, retrieve information and get warranty service.
Note: Prior to registration, please confirm your network is working properly.
1. Visit the website http://pro.autel.com.
2. If you already have an Autel account, Sign In with your account ID and password.
3. If you are a new member to Autel, click on the Create Autel ID button on the left side to create an ID.
4. Enter the required information in the input fields, and click the Get Verification Code button to get a verification code for email validation.
5. The online system will automatically send a verification code to the registered email address. Input the code in the Verification Code field and complete other required fields. Read through Autel’s Terms and Conditions and click on Agree, and then click Create Autel ID at the bottom. A product registration screen will display.
6. The device’s serial number and password is located in the About section of the System Setup application on the tool.
7. Select your product model, enter the product serial number and password on the Product Registration screen, and click Submit to complete the registration procedure.
How to Update Autel MaxiDiag MD808/MD808 Pro?
Autel frequently releases software updates that you can download. The Update feature makes it very easy to determine and get exactly what you need.
There are two ways to update your tool.
1. Remove the Micro SD card from the device and connect it with a Windows-based computer for updating.
2. Connect your tool with a Windows-based computer using the supplied USB cable and select Update on the Main Menu to enter Update Mode.
The update procedures for the above two update methods are the same. Follow the update procedure to finish updating.
1. Download the Maxi PC Suite from www.autel.com and install on your Windows-based PC.
2. Run the Maxi PC Suite. Wait for the Log In window to pop up.
3. Enter your Autel ID and password and wait for the Update window to display. If you forget your password, you may click the [Forget Password?] to link to our website and find your password back. Or you may click Sign up to create an Autel ID to continue.
4. Select the product type and serial number, click OK to continue.
5. In the Update window, select the items you want to install. Usually, you should install all available updates.
Generally, there are two ways to update programs:
1. Select the programs that you would update by clicking on the check boxes next to those items. Then click the Update All button on the right bottom of screen. Click the Clear All button will reselect the items you want to update.
2. Or, click on the Select All checkbox on the left bottom of screen and all updatable items will be selected automatically. Then click the Update All button on the right side of screen.
3. When the downloading is completed, the downloaded programs will be installed automatically. The new version will replace the old version.
1. Find out the desired updating item and click the Update button in the same line.
2. When the downloading is completed, the downloaded program will be installed automatically. The new version will replace the old version.
View or Delete Programs
To view the list of installed programs or to delete an installed program, please follow these steps:
1. Click on the Installed tag entry and the page will show the list of programs installed.
2. Select the program(s) that you would delete
Select the programs that you would delete by clicking on the check boxes to the left of those items. Then click the Uninstall All button on the right bottom of screen.
Single delete: Click the Uninstall button in the line of your would-be-deleted program.
3. A window asking “Are you sure to delete the software?” will pop up for your confirmation.
Click on OK to delete the program(s) selected, or on Cancel to quit the action.
The deleted program will automatically add to the end of program list in the Update page in case you would like to install again.
In the search box on the right top corner of the screen, you can enter any words to search the software you desired, and this function works for both Update Available column and Installed column.
Q:Will this be able yo bring up Transfer Case codes?
A: Yes,This md808 can read/erase codes on Engine, Transmission, SRS and ABS system as well as lot of special functions.
Q:Will this unit interface with all of the modules and eletronic controls on a Toyota Prius? And specifically to meter in coolant and bleed brakes?
This md 808 can work on your Toyota Prius on four systems , if wanna get a all system supported product, you can have a look for the MD802 full system or md808 pro. and for metering in coolant and bleed brakes,you may have a look for MaxiCOM MK808
Q:Will this unit can read/erase codes for srs,epb and oil service light resets?
A:Yes, this unit can read and clear trouble codes, control and test BMS/Oil Reset/ SRS/EPB/DPF systems.
Q:Will it switch off the airbag light on a bmw x3 e83 2005 model ?
A:Yes, it will,also lots of special functions
Q:Will it work on my benz 2001 e-class 211 for pdf function?
A:Yes, it will work fine with your car
Q:Will this reset maintenance light on 2013 audi q5 and 2017 porsche maccan?
A:this code reader can reset maintenance light on 2013 audi q5 ,but not work on 2017 porsche maccan,some newer 2017 vehicles are not covered currently.
Q:Is it color or B&W info on the screen and do you just get a code or a complete read out?
A:this tool support to complete read out /clear trouble codes and Live Data functions for Engine, Transmission, ABS, and Airbag (SRS) systems with a color info on the screen.
Q:Does the MD808 show graphing and if so how many graphs can be viewed at once?
A:yes , this scan tool can support Data graphing. If you want to reads live datastream, it will be 2 graphs can be viewed at once.
Q:I purchased the md808 almost 1 year ago. i didn’t notice that there where 2 versions md808 and the pro version. can the md808 be updated to the pro.
A:Yes, check solution at the beginning of the blog.
Q:will these scanner also work to read transmission codes and its for all makes i wounldn’t have to buy any apps separate?
A:yes , this scanner can support to read /erase transmission codes and free updating for lifetime via our official website .Another question ,it supports to work on most of 1996 and newer vehicles which have the universal OBD II connector, you don’t need to buy any apps separately.
Q:Will these work for diesel particulate service?
A: yes,of course.This tool can support DPF regeneration function, including Starting Basic Injection Quantity, Injection rate, Injector rate adjustment, Particle filter regeneration, Particle filter test.
Q:can you monitor live misfires on cylinders?
A:Yes,this item can monitor live misfires on cylinders perfectly and also can tell which cylinders has the misfire.
Q:Will this scanner work with my 2016 Toyota 4 Runner ??
A:Yes. I’ve used it on many different Toyota cars and trucks, as well as almost all American makes. Definitely a great tester
Q:Do all scan types work on 2014 kia forte or only engine codes?
A:This scanner MD808 can access Engine, Transmission, ABS, and Airbag (SRS) systems to read /erase codes on 2014 kia forte.
Q:Can this tool operate the ABS pump on a ford f150?
A:This tool does NOT perform that function
Q:I have a 2008 Suzuki Forenza airbag light on need turn off
A:It’s a good machine it’ll tell you what is wrong with the vehicle but your problem sounds like the driver side seat belt has a broken wire in the bucklehead that’s the most common problem with these airbags lights coming on
Q:what is the difference between the md808 and mk808?
A:MK808 supports much more functional than MD808, especially service functions, MK808 can serve IMMO( key programming) if your car model is supported.
Q:Will it work for srs reset on a 2005 mercedes slk 350 and then also transmission codes on a 2005 jeep grand cherokee?
A:Yes to both questions. Support Read/Clear Codes and Live Data functions for Engine, Transmission, ABS, and Airbag (SRS) systems.
Q:will this work on my mitsubishi endeavor ?
A: yes ,this scanner can work on your mitsubishi endeavor.
Q:Will this work on a 2002 Subaru Impreza?
Q:Will it scan my ford diesel truck engines?
A:yes , this scan tool will scan your Ford diesel vehicles, including vehicles Light Duty and Medium Duty.
Q:Does this unit scan ac or fan problems for a 2000 BMW 323i
A:Yes , this md808 can scan the AC and FAN problems for your car.and also can do lots of special functions.
Q:Can it do epb reset for my new range rover 2014?
A:Yes,it can do EPB reset for your vehicle type,also include many other special functions
Q:Does this work for 2016 2500HD duramax
A:sorry , MD808 can not work on a 2016 2500HD duramax.
Q:Does it work with 1996 toyota avalon obd2
A:Yes, will communicate with any OBDII system.
Q:Will this scanner do a forced regin on a 2011 Duramax?
yes ,MD808 will do that function on a 2011 Duramax.
Q:Will this device retract/reset brake calipers for pad replace?
A:Yes , this device can setting brakes after disc or pad replacement ,deactivating/activating the brake control system ,assisting with brake fluid control,brake diagnostics,opening and closing brake pads and also reading and clearing EPB/SBC trouble codes
Q:Can i reset a parking brake malfunction on my 7 series bmw with this tool?
Q:Hi. what is best mico sd card for md808pro?
A:I just used the one it came with… Or just like a SanDisk extreme
Q:this scan tool can scan Transmission live data too ?
A:Yes ,this unit can live data graphing for all available modules,but first have to make sure your car is in the coverage list
Q:an this scanner disable eml and limp mode
MD808 can not support that functions. As to your demands, MS906bt
is highly recommended instead.
Q:Does this scan tool zero calibrate the Occupancy Classification Sensor under the passenger seat?
A: sorry , this scan tool can not support this function,we would like to recommend you another model DS808 can do this.
Q:The unit says free lifetime updates, is this true?
A: yes, It’s free lifetime for updating.
Q:Does this scanner works on Japanese and European cars
A: Out there question but yes
Q:Will this read door ajar light?
A: Before you need to check if you car has body computer…
Q:Can it support Spanish?
A: No . It supports English only.
Q:How to register this device?
A: Check detail procedure above
Q:Can this cycle the abs module to bleed the abs system
A: Sorry ,this device cannot do this function, but the mk808 can do, we also have the product in stock. you can have a look.
Q:Will this unit read / erase engine codes on 2013 Ford F-250 Diesel?
A: yes, it can be supported, it can support to read engine, transmission, SRS and ABS codes from vehicle. In addition, it can support special functions like oil reset, EPB, DPF, SAS and BMS.