The text here is aimed to use ISTA-P Loader V4.8 with BMW ICOM A2, which help do programming and coding on BMW cars at a high speed.
Note: all useful resources and tips from cartechnology forum; obdii365.com is not responsible for your damage.
Software download and firmware suggestion
BMW ISTA-P Loader V4.8.7 (81.4 MB)- requires NET Framework 2&4 installation
Windows XP Framework 2 - install using dotnetfx.exe Framework 4 - install 4.0 using dotNetFx40_Full_x86_x64.exe (higher versions are not supported by XP) Windows 7 Framework 2 - Built into the OS Framework 4 - Install 4.52 https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=42642 Windows 8 Framework 2 - Built into the OS BUT needs enabling: http://windowsitpro.com/windows-8/q-how-do-i-install-net-framework-35-30-and-20-windows-8 Framework 4 - Update to 4.52 https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=42642 Windows 10 Framework 2 - Built into the OS BUT needs enabling: http://windowsitpro.com/windows-8/q-how-do-i-install-net-framework-35-30-and-20-windows-8 Framework 4 - Built into the OS
.NET Framework. (70.3 MB)
Patched Ediabas 7.3 (16.1 MB)
Compatible with BMW ICOM A2/A (original or clone), K+DCAN USB or ENET cable
First, complete all installation with the following instructions
1. Disable your anti virus & firewall & run the network configuration tool “NetworkTool.exe”
note: may take a few seconds for tool to appear & up to 30 seconds to complete.
Then check in network connections that the USB network connection has appeared.
note: if network config tool does not work correctly then use the procedure below (mainly applies to non-English systems).
a)Rename the newly created adapter to USB and disable
b)Right click on USB > properties. Select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) > properties.
c)Manually change ip to 169.254.0.8 & subnet mask to 255.255.0.0 > ok > close.
- Install .net framework 2 & 4 (loader will crash if .net framework 2 & 4 are not installed).
How to install NET Framework 3.5,3.0,2.0 on Win8
To install .NET Framework 3.5 or the previous 3.0 and 2.0 .NET Frameworks on Windows 8, perform the following:
Open the Control Panel (Open Explorer, select your computer, then on the Computer ribbon select Control Panel).
Select the Programs and Features control panel applet.
Select the Turn Windows features on or off action
Select .NET Framework 3.5 (includes .NET 2.0 and 3.0), then click OK.
Windows Update will be connected to for some content and the feature will be installed.
- Install Java runtime (loader will crash if Java is not installed).4. Install patched Ediabas 7.3.
5. Set up your Ethernet adapter as shown in screenshot below (applies to BMW ENET cable & BMW ICOM multiplexer only. If you only intend using INPA K+DCAN then you can skip this step).
- Copy loader to desktop.7. Start the loader and choose your required settings and enter some dealerdata.note: ensure ISTA/P is installed on your system. If no ISTA/P installation is found, the loader will not start up (also ensure that you delete any old ISTA-P folders before using the loader).
Second, use with ICOM a2 diagnostic system
- Disable your anti virus, firewall & turn off WIFI.
2. Connect ICOM a2 to car and PC. Wait for a minute or two.
3. Start loader, click BMW, Mini, or Rolls Royce brand. ISTA/P will now launch.
4. Select your ICOM in connection manager.
You can change ip icom http://169.254.58.8:60080 after update ICOM systems, which will make mad and very fast operation. Also everything works.