Autel MaxiCom M808S and Launch CRP919X/CRP919E two popular obd2 scanners are priced similarly. Which one is better?
You will find out similarities and differences between MK808S and CRP919 below.
NOTE: CRP919X and CRP919E are the same. It’s just a different name from another distributor.
LAUNCH CRP919E/CRP919E vs. Autel MK808S
Both the Launch CRP919E and the Autel MK808S, priced under $500, offer nearly identical functions. These include:
- Read trouble codes from all car’s system
- View live data in text and graph format.
- Perform full active tests
- Both the Launch CRP919E and Autel MK808S have 7-inch screens and both come with a cable for connecting, not using Bluetooth.
- They both also support AutoAuth for FCA vehicles like Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge, and Fiat, which were made after 2017 without needing any special adapters.
These functions almost cover the requirements of home mechanics and DIY enthusiasts.
1.Launch CRP919E allows you to perform 31 different service functions, while Autel MK808S can do a bit less with 28 functions.
2. The second difference is ECU coding function, which is available in the CRP919E but not in the MK808S (Need MP808 level device). CRP919E supports this advanced function for various car brands Audi, VW, Ford, BMW and more, while the MK808S lacks this ability.
3. Autel MK808S doesn’t support CAN FD or DoIP, whereas the Launch CRP919E is equipped with both, which means it can diagnose more types of cars.
The Launch CRP919E goes a step further by also having CAN FD and DoIP protocols. This means it can work with:
- newer GM vehicles from 2019,
- BMW F/G chassis,
- 2018+ Volvo models,
- 2017+ Land Rover and Jaguar vehicles.
So, in this regard, the CRP919E might have a slight advantage over the MK808S.
4. Update: Launch CRP919E provides two years of free updates. Afterward, each year’s update comes at a cost of $149. On the other hand, Autel MK808S offers just one year of free updates, with a yearly update fee of $125.
Both scanners come with their own strengths and weaknesses. Basically, Launch CRP919E and Autel MK808S are quite similar in what they can do, except that the CRP919E can do ECU coding.
The CRP919E comes with a 2-year of free updates, whereas the Autel MK808S offers only 1 year.
However, in exchange, the yearly update fee for the Autel MK808S is just $125, compared to the CRP919E’s $149.
This variation is due to the fact that the CRP919E includes ECU coding function, which requires more regular updates.
For those hunting for ECU coding in an affordable scanner, Launch CRP919E is the true lifesaver.
But if you’re interested in saving data or making reports, the Autel MK808S is better because it has 64GB of space to store things. The CRP919E only has half of that, which is 32GB.
On the other hand, if you’re looking for a scanner that’s reliable and has good ratings, Autel MK808S is a safe choice.