Autel M*808 series scanners have similar features and functions of the same brand. Many people become bewildered when it comes to choosing one of these scanners. They cannot be differentiated by just looking at them.
The article will help you decide on which scanner to pick for your needs.
Part I: Autel MK808 vs MX808 vs MP808
First of all, check a table comparison below:
|Autel MaxiCOM MK808||Autel MaxiCheck MX808||Autel MaxiPro MP808|
|Update Cost||$110/ year||$110/year||$350/year|
Key fob programming.
Key fob programming
TPMS programming (TS version)
|Battery Storage||3.7 V/5000 mAh lithium-polymer battery.||3.7 V/5000 mAh lithium-polymer battery.||3.7 V/3200mAh lithium-polymer battery.|
|Operating System||Android™ 4.4.4 powered by Cortex-A9 processor (1.5 GHz).||Android™ 4.4.4 powered by Cortex-A9 processor (1.5 GHz).||Android™ 4.4.4 powered by Cortex-A9 processor (1.4 GHz).|
|Supported Vehicles||OBD2 cars, SUVs, 12V trucks||OBD2 cars, SUVs, 12V trucks||OBD2 cars, SUVs, 12V truc|
The Autel MK808, MX808, and MP808 have 25+, 28, and 31+ service functions, respectively. They have most of these functions in common. So, you don’t lose much for choosing one over the other. However, if you want more reset and maintenance functions, you may consider the MP808. It has the most number, making it the best for mechanics, though it’s also the most expensive.
The Autel MK808, MX808, and MP808 are not advanced tools regarding coding and programming. Autel MK808 and MX808 can only code injector and program keys, but MP808 can code injector, program keys and key fobs, program TPMS, and code ECU. With its more advanced IMMO capability, MP808 can rewrite smart keys, replace smart key ECU, replace KNOB IGNITION, and relearn a key.
Part II: MP808 Series
First of all, check a table comparison among MP808 series
Autel MP808 vs MP808K vs MP808BT vs MP808TS
|Product||MaxiPRO MP808BT||MaxiPRO MP808||MaxiPRO MP808k||MaxiPRO MP808TS|
|Basic Diagnostic Functions|
|Complete OBD Diagnostics||√||√||√||√|
|Oil Service Reset||√||√||√||√|
|Steering Angle Sensor Relearn||√||√||√||√|
|Battery Registration and Reset||√||√||√||√|
|Tire Pressure Monitoring System||√||√||√||√|
|IMMO Key Coding||√||√||√||√|
|Complete TPMS Functions|
|Advanced TPMS Diagnostic||√||√||√|
|Activate 98% TPMS Sensors||√||√||√|
|Program Autel MX-Sensors||√||√||√|
|OBD Relearn Coverage||√||√||√|
|On-Screen Relearn Procedure||√||√||√|
|Processor||Cortex-A9 quad-core processor (1.4 GHz)||Cortex-A9 processor (1.5GHz)||Cortex-A9 quad-core processor (1.4 GHz)||Cortex-A9 processor (1.5GHz)|
|OS||Android™ 4.4.4, KitKat||Android 4.4.4||Android™ 4.4.4, KitKat||Android 4.4.2 KitKat|
|SSD Hard Drive||32GB||32GB||64GB||32GB|
|Touch Screen Display||7″ LCD||7″ LCD||7″ LCD||7″ LCD|
|Connectivity||Mini USB 2.0，USB 2.0，Wi-Fi，Micro SD card||Mini USB 2.0;
Micro SD Card
|Mini USB 2.0
Micro SD card
|Mini USB 2.0;
Micro SD Card
|Internal Battery||5000 mAh||3200 mAh||5000 mAh||5000 mAh|
|Vehicle Communication Method||Wireles||Wired||Wireles||Wired, Bluetooth|
|Auto VIN Technology||√||√||√||√|
Autel MaxiPRO MP808 Pros and Cons
- Diagnose all systems, including powertrain, transmission, and more
- Performs active component tests
- Save, access, and print reports through Data Manager
- 7” touch-screen offers smooth, intuitive navigation
- Service functions include ABS bleed and DPF regeneration
- Compatible with all OBD2 protocols and 80 manufacturers
- Reset and programming functions less extensive than with MS906
- No compatibility with OBDI vehicles
Autel MaxiPRO MP808TS Pros and Cons
- It is easy to use as it comprises an intuitive user-interface
- Autel MP808TS is simple to read and interpret results.
- It operates fast and efficiently.
- Performs various functions
- It has superior functions for TPMS.
- Autel Maxipro MP808ts features an automatic system and software updates.
- It supports wireless connection.
- Cloud-based MaxiFix offers diagnostic tips and fixes.
- It is slightly costly.
- Several users have complained about compatibility problems.
- The update fee after the free update is quite costly.
Autel MaxiPRO MP808K Pros and Cons
- Extensive vehicle coverage
- Performs a variety of functions
- It is sleek and compact
- Easy to use with a user-friendly design
- 12-month free updates
- 1-year warranty
- It has compatibility problems
- It is somehow slow
Part III: MaxiSys MS906 vs MP808