How to choose the best remote generator and cloner? Here obdii365.com makes a comparison table list of the most popular remote makers in the aftermarket.
|AUTEL MaxiIM KM100||VVDI Key Tool MAX||VVDI MINI KEY TOOL||Lonsdor KH100+||KEYDIY KD-X2|
|Copy transponder chip||√||√||√||√||√|
|Generate special chip||√||√||√||√||√|
|Immobilizer||√, with PLC VCI200||X (requires mini obd)||X||X||X|
|Unlock Toyota smart key||√||√||√||√||√|
|Detect ignition coil signal||√||√||√||√||√|
|Write key via dump||X||√||X||X||X|
|Collect FSK ASK EEPROM frequency||X||√||X||X||X|
|ID48/ID48 96bit copy||X||√||√||X||√|
- KM100 has better coverage than Xhorse in Dacia, Fiat, Honda, Benz, Open and Suzuki. KD-X2 has more coverage than KM100 in Alfa, Geely, Jaguar, Lada, Landrover, Lincoln, Maserati, Mini, Rolls Royce, Smart, VW etc.
- KM100 simulates ID46 47 48 49 8A chips, KH100+ can simulate 4D 46 48 47 chip. xhorse does not.
- Xhorse Mini key tool is able to collect FSK and ASK frequency data to analyze the remote when the remote has got some problem.
- KM100 cannot copy ID48 or ID48 96bit transponder yet. Key Tool Max requires 10 remotes to activate the license.
- KM100 has auto vin feature (auto scan vin) which other devices don’t. It is fast and easier.
- KM100 with PLC VCI200 interface to perform IMMO function for GM, BMW, Honda, Toyota, VAG directly. Key Tool Max requires Mini OBD separately. Lonsdor and Keydiy require separate IMMO key programmers.
- All devices can be updated free for lifetime.
- KM100 is the new original Autel device with best technical support. Autel released a series smart keys to work with KM100. it is dedicated for add key, entry level. Can generate also Autel keyless go keys. the immo programming is very impressive. You can use it instead ofim508 im608 on many vehicles to program keys as it’s simple and easy to pack/unpack and compact, so it’s convenience.
- Xhorse mini key tool is the best for cloning and also is good to generate universal remotes. VVDI tool max is a much better machine than the others, it gives away 1 cloned id48 every day.
- KM100 is better for adding keys than key tool max. also it can generate BMW keys (with CAS module)
- KD and KH100 can be purchased for backup as they have other advantages.You can use Lonsdor KH100+ to create smart fob for lexus toyota and use the VVdi to clone and unlock lexus toyota smart fob.KH100 – can make some Toyota smart keys (can copy 8a toyota smart key directly) and is the only key tool that can read properly 902Mhz frequency on some USA remotes.
- Keydiy kd-x2 can generate some remotes that missing on Xhorse and the time for ID48 cloning is few minutes than over 1 hour with xhorse.Xhorse failed to clone PCF7935 transponder, keydiy and kh100 without problem.
- KM100 is a good programmer for simple stuff, good coverage and alot quicker than im608 for many things.
The XHorse has more keys it can generate. Both tools are supplementary and very affordable
- Autel has a lot that neither one has, plus the autel universal keys have OEM looking keys, and real close. And it is supposed to do the 902mhz, so since xhorse and keydiy both don’t support it.
- Autel is much better organized and has a lot more information on each key Xhorse can be a bit of a confusing mess.
- Autel has 6-button keys. But xhorse has lots of features. Xhorse Keytool so far best and largest support for car models and largest amount for keys.
- So you will need 2-3 different items or more. To be sure to do the job, with one of them.