Let’s show how to use Autel MaxiIM IM508 with XP400 Pro and GBOX2 to read and write Audi BCM2 encrypted immo data on bench successfully.
It is possible with normal xp400 because they both have APC101 adapter. If you check the pinout the gbox only providing the power + can lines thus the old one could be suitable too.
- Remove the BCM2 from the vehicle.
- Soldering the lines to connect the ECU to the programmer according to the schematic diagram. VPP2 and RESET need to be connected to the DIODE separately according to the schematic diagram.
- Connect the G-BOX to the ECU according to the schematic diagram.
- Connect the programmer and GBOX to the device at the same time.
- Connect GBOX to the provided 12V power supply.
In IM508, go to IMMO- Audi- Expert Selection- IMMO V- A4/A5/Q5- Read IMMO Data via Programmer (encrypted)
- The execution of this function “Read IMMO data via programmer (encrypted) ” will erase all keys lost and then add keys for Audi A4, A5 and Q5 as of 2013.
- The BCM2 is locked and cannot be directly read via OBD or programmer.
- Execution of this function is risky, as it may cause BCM2 anomaly and failure in vehicle start. Add the consequences are borned by the user.
PS: There is a option “Wiring Diagram” to be referred, just tap it to check if you connect the hardware correctly.
Select Step 1 identify vehicle information
Check vehicle information
ECU software version 0650 is supported
Select Step 2 Read Immo data
Data will be written, it is strictly forbidden to move the module during the execution
Write data success
It retrieves VIN, CS code
Function completed. Reset the module, install it to the vehicle and check vehicle condition.
When to read Audi BCM2 Encrypted Immo Data?
Here take a question for example I bought a bcm2 for testing purposes, is there any way to know if it is encrypted or not.
Read software Number with obd tool.
I have made bench wiring harness to test coding and make keys for audi with bcm2.
For example, we use Autel IM508 to read out the ECU software version number: 0650, which is encrypted BCM2.
Your software version is 0633, you have an encrypted version but if supported according to Autel so try it.