If your Autel XP400/XP400 Pro/Auro UP400 reports an error “The current hardware version of the programmer is too old.”, it asks you to run a software upgrade.
How to Update Autel XP400/XP400 Pro software?
First of all, you need to create an Autel ID and download PC suite on Autel official website autel.com
Check the detail guide in the previous post: Download Autel XP400 Software
The XP400 Pro software can be updated via the key programming tablet and a windows-based computer. This section describes two ways to update the software of the XP400 Pro.
Update via Autel’s Tablet
This function allows you to update the XP400 Pro software via Autel’s IMMO & Key Programming tablet IM508/IM608.
1. Connect the XP400 Pro to Autel’s IMMO & Key Programming tablet via the supplied USB cable.
2. Verify the power LED light on the front panel is lit solid green.
3. Tap the “Programmer” application on the tablet’s main screen.
4. The tablet will automatically detect the software version information and download the software update if available.
Update via a Windows PC
This function allows you to update the XP400 Pro software via a Windows PC. The computer must be connected to the Internet to update the software on the XP400 Pro.
1. Connect the XP400 Pro to a PC with the supplied USB cable.
2. Verify the power LED on the front panel is lit solid green.
3. Open the PC software. If a firmware update is available for the XP400 Pro, a message will display to prompt you to update the software. Otherwise, no message displays.
4. After the update is complete, click the “About” button in the lower left corner of the PC software to view the current XP400 Pro firmware, hardware and PC software versions.