An experienced locksmith’s test report: 2014 Volvo V40 non proximity AKL. Read CEM with Lonsdor K518ISE and programmed original new key. All good including remote. Easy job……40 mins. And many users agree with him saying they also made Volvo cars, that’s what Lonsdor advertised.
Then, how does Lonsdor K518ISE work on VOLVO V40 2012-2018 Smart key programming? Here we have operation guide in step by step procedure:
VOLVO V40 2012-2018 Function Menu First:
- Add smart key: Add a smart key or program on all key lost.
- Delete smart key: Delete the already programmed smart key.
- Read the CEM secure data: Dismantle & read CEM to backup security data (this is a must before programming).
- Key identification and unlocking: To detect whether the key is a new unused one. If the remote control is invalid after programming (on condition that the battery has been installed and the remote frequency is correct), try to import the CEM secure data to unlock the key and program again after unlocking. It can only unlock the CEM secure data of the vehicle or the corresponding vehicle.
Reads CEM secure data with V40 PCB. Connection among K518 host, KPROG adapter and RN-01 PCB (CEM welding diagram refer to operation guide.)
Lonsdor K518 program VOLVO V40 2012-2018 Smart key in step by step:
Use K518 adaptor to dismantle and read CEM security data, which will be saved automatically in file/feature_372 directory in K518 memory.
When add/delete key, select above CEM data to enter [program key] process.
Read CEM security data (2 types of PCB with different welding position)
(1) CEM box is located at the back of co-driver storage box.
(2) Welding position: Please clear insulated glue on CEM welding points. Please connect V40 with E-01 PCB by welding wire as per corresponding welding joint with serial number.
- Proceed to program key and other operations after reading CEM data.
- Identify and unlock key: System will detect and identify whether the key to be programmed is brand new. For keys locked up before, you can unlock it via the CEM secure data of current vehicle. The key can be used for other vehicles after being unlocked.
- If system prompts target chip initialization failed(code 113), please check the connection problem. Weld line again and read.
- When read CEM data,if system prompts failed to run APP, please exit the main menu, update firmware and install adaptor. If system prompts data reading failure(9FFF), please contact after-sales staffs to check OBD issue.
3-1. If the key has no smart or remote control function after program, confirm whether it’s smart key.
3-2. If the key has no remote control after program, sometimes it’s the problem of key. You can try to unlock the key first and reprogram it.
- After deleting keys, please go to [all key lost] to reprogram.
- If it prompts comunication timeout when program key, please check if OBD is connected, K518’s voltage is over 12v, or check if car battery or OBD’s pins have problem?
- Before program key, you must dismantle & read CEM data first, as to CEM’s location and how to read, please refer to the “Operation” or “Reference”.
- It is required to bind the adapter for the first use, you need to bind it with K518ISE. Go to the device’s main menu and choose “Settings -> Bind adapter”, follow prompts to finish binding. One K518 host can bind up to 5 adapters, and the bound adapter can not be bound to other K518ISE hosts. Once bound, no need to bind again.
- For 5-button keycard, you only need to dismantle & read CEM in co-driver storage box to back up data. For 6-button key, you need to dismantle & read CEM in co-driver storage box, as well as KVM on the right of trunk to back up data.
- If a smart key can’t be inhaled into key slot, please confirm whether it’s locked. Locked keycard can’t be programmed. Generally a new keycard is not locked.
- If key can’t be ejected from key slot, you can try to program once again. When the process is finished, key will be ejected automatically. If not, try to cut off car’s power and take it out. If the key still can’t be ejected, please check car key slot.
- When install battery to Volvo car, please pay attention that the two batteries are overlapped, separated by a white paper in between, do not just replace the above one. Disassemble is also very simple, remove the metal key, in the place where the key lies, please find a little knife with not too sharp blade, gently open it from the gap.
- If remote control can’t be used after program, it’s probably operation problems. Please program again. Make sure smart key is inhaled and click OK.
- Delete the programmed keys, which can be programmed once again with current car. But these deleted keys are locked, and can’t be programmed with another cars.
- Key identification and locking: system will detect and identify if key is unused and new. If a key is used or locked, you can unlock it with CEM security data.
Reference ( Example)
|Chip model||Dedicated chip (brand new)|
|Remote type||433 Hz|
|Key embryo no.||No. 24|
|PIN code requirement||Dismantle and read CEM to backup secure data before programming|
|Remote generation||Remote control generated after key programming complete.|
|OBD position||Under steering wheel