Question: What is the difference between the auto pro pad and the x100 pad 2 pro? Do they both do all the same functions?
First let’s check the table comparison:
|Item||Xtool X100 PAD2 (Pro Full)||Xtool AutoProPad (Full)|
|Brand||Xtool Tech (Universal)||XToolUSA|
|Processor||Quad Core, 1.6 GHz||Quad-Core 1.60 GHz|
|Memory||2GB RAM, 32GB Flash||1GB RAM, 8GB Flash|
|Screen Display||8.0 Inch IPS 5-Point Multi-touch Screen with 1024×600P Resolution||8.0″ Touchscreen|
|Camera||5.0MP Rear-Facing w/ Flashlight|
|Battery||4000mAh, 7.4V||4000 mAh, 7.4V Lithium-Polymer Battery|
|Dimension||(L*W*H): 240*177*30mm||9.45″W x 6.97″H x 1.18″D|
|Basic version||Basic version
|Update||Free Update for 2 years||Free Update for 1 year|
|Update subscription||$400 per year||$600 per year|
|Language||English, Spanish, French, Turkish, Indonesian, Thai, Portuguese||English|
|Main functions||IMMO Transponder & Remote Programming||Transponder & Remote Programming|
|Special functions||4-system OBDII diagnosis, Oil service reset, Odometer correction, TPMS reset, TPS, battery reset, DPF, EPB, Steering Angle Calibration||Automotive Diagnostic Functions: reading & clearing fault codes. Also includes a plethora of other diagnostic capabilities (fully functioning OBD2 diagnostic tool for auto shops).|
|VAG 4th & 5th IMMO||Yes, require KC100 adapter (default in full package)||Yes, require KC100 Key Tag Tool|
|Competitors||OBDSTAR X300 DP Plus, Lonsdor K518ISE etc||SMART Pro, MVP Pro, TCode Pro|
|For sale price||Basic version: $649
|Lite version: $999.99
Full version: $1,995
|Car List||Xtool x100 pad2 car list||Autopropad car list|
Most parts are same,both from XTOOL technology. AutoProPad was the 4th gen. of the original tool ps90,PS80, PS80L.. Auto pro pad focus on American vehicles. x100 pad2 pro focus on more models (EU) and it specialized in VW 4th 5th vehicles key Immobilizer.
Xtool AutoProPad is made for US market and requires updates but updates are free for first year. No Chrysler pin codes tho (except for fobik).
Xtool X100 Pad2 Pro is for other countries market and comes with 2 options. Basic or full for VW AUDI stuff too. No tech support but does all Nissans to current with ease. And not very good for older stuff old fords old Honda’s etc. also does GM no prob including prox and remotes. It’s a good device for the price. No Chrysler pin codes except for fobik.
Is the autopropad the same as other xtool devices?
This is different than other XTool machines you may see on sale in other countries. The AutoProPAD is the only XTool machine made for locksmiths in the US market and includes extra OBD2 and EEPROM software specific to United States vehicles. The cheaper devices such as the PS80, PS90, X100PAD, or X100 have some of the same hardware but mainly performs only the advanced vehicle diagnostic functions that an auto shop might use. For instance, if you purchase a PS80 (instead of an AutoProPAD), you will not be able to program Nissans with 20-digit BCM, Ford Fusion without NASTF, Toyota G, Toyota H, Toyota Smart Keys, Chrysler 200 systems, most Chrysler PIN code reads, VW/Audi programming, Honda Prox, and many others.
What is the Difference Between the AutoProPAD and the AutoProPAD LITE?
The AutoProPad is currently available in three versions; the “Basic Version,” the “Lite-Version” and the “Full-Version.” All three tools use the same basic machine and software. The differences between the versions are the accessories and optional components that are included.
The LITE is more for OBD2 programming only and does not have the extra adapters needed for things like EEPROM (reflashing) and transponder chip pre-coding. It is lighter and more compact (7″ screen instead of 8″ screen) than it’s bigger brother, but both are the same speed, the same memory, and program the same vehicles. The only exception to that is that some vehicles (newer BMWs and VWs, specifically) require the pre-coding adapter, which is not provided with the AutoProPAD LITE.
What’s the difference between xtool x100 pad 2 basic and full (pro) version?
AutoProPAD Current & New Stand-Out Features:
- Chrysler / Jeep / Fiat new system PIN reading & programming
- Chrysler CAN PIN reading & programming
- Ford 128-Bit add-a-key & all-keys-lost programming
- Ford Fusion 2013+ system rolling code bypass (no NASTF needed)
- Ford 10-Minute bypass on all-keys-lost for all Ford systems: Bypass the normal 10-minute wait.
- Ford parameter reset
- Ford/Lincoln/Mercury keyless entry keypad code read
- GM PIN code reading
- GM Remote Programming
- Honda 2017 proximity system programming
- Honda transponder programming: Super-quick!
- Hyundai & Kia old PIN codes: converts VIN to PIN for 2007 and older
- Hyundai & Kia new PIN code read: No more buying PINs from the dealer (smart keys)
- Nissan BCM to PIN conversion: Supports the 5-digit and 20-digit BCMs
- Subaru G-Key (80-Bit) add-a-key & all-keys-lost programming
- Toyota H-Chip programming w/ no 16-minute wait
- Toyota G-Chip programming w/ no 16-minute wait
- Toyota/Lexus proximity system 6 & 7 programming all-keys-lost & add-a-key (ie. 2017 Toyota CH-R & Prius Prime)
- VW/Audi 2013-2016 programming for add-a-key
- VW Touareg 2005
- Chrysler Pacifica 2016+
- Volvo key programming (2008-2015 select models/non-prox)
- Maserati key programming (2015-2017 Quattro Forte & Ghibli)
- AutoPro PAD New Features Releasing Soon:
- Audi/VW 2013-2016 programming for all-keys-lost (coming Q1 2019)
- Chrysler Type2 PIN read via OBD2 (coming Q4 2018)
- Hyundai & Kia new PIN code read: (slot keys) (coming Q1 2019)
- Subaru 2017 MSOP EEPROM in-circuit programming w/ adapter (coming 2019)
- Transponder motorcycle programming (coming 2019)
- Fiat 500/Dodge Promaster/Promaster City key programming (coming Q4 2018)
- Full PIN read for all 2017-2018 GMC vehicles (coming Q4 2018)