This is a problem I’ve ever had with Volvo Premium Tech Tool PTT 2.5.87 developer and solutions i used.
The problem: installing the Tech Tool software 2.5.87…everything works ok. After a few days I can not connect with any car and can not pick the vehicle brand from the list nor the VIN number. And after a while everything goes back to normal. I upload an overview picture.
Here are all useful tips and solutions from folks. Hope it can help you out (Actually, i gave it up and got the crack with free activation service, with soooo relief.)
The latest version is Tech Tool 184.108.40.206 and the latest have new update technology
and it’s because of bad activation. new 2.06 not could work with old activators.
Not that I condone people stealing other people’s KG or reselling but I will say this…
The reason: your KG doesn’t activate properly. Version 2.5.86 has RSS feeds that it calls to in order to initialize the application. If you’re not connected to the internet during this, it will fail and timeout causing that drop down to become blank, and also stopping use of PTT altogether. So this nonsense of not buying it from you doesn’t exactly apply because it wouldn’t work regardless.
How I fixed it: startup your own local web server (I used Fenix due to it being very small, and lightweight) and copy the RSS feeds to it, modify hosts file to point the normal external URL to 127.0.0.1. And bam, no more problems with offline check-ins and background sync.
I want to add to this that simply modifying C:/ProgramData/Tech Tool/Waf/DevicesConfigInfo.xml
Changing the date and leaving checksum so it fails, will actually fix this problem as well, but it’s not recommended as a permanent fix.
Also, here is another solution i found for those who used KG improperly:
First, make sure to use a USERID that follows Volvo standard or you won’t be able to program parameters and will result in an error.
– you must use two alphanumeric characters followed by an even number of numbers. For example, AB1234.
Also, you must check the box “No central” if using the popular KG floating around or you will need to background sync. This is the reason your databases are coming up blank and I’m guessing it’s running slow when this occurs. The temp fix is to connect to the internet, then open Tech Tool. Problem solved for a week then it will occur again unless you re-run the KG, erase DB and re-activate using “No central store” checkbox and correct user ID fingerprint.
The last important for newbies: to buy Premium Tech Tool PTT 2.5.86 with FREE installation & activation service. Now, many Chinese vendors sell Premium Tech Tool crack and offer free service like this as far as i know. Obdii365.com is one of them. I am using PTT 2.5.86 from them now… includes 3 parts: tech tool(for diagnosis), dev2tool(for programming) and visfeed(for reprogramming).
Volvo Premium Tech Tool 2.5.86 software includes:
- Last official version Volvo TechTool 2.5.86 Development maximal authorized
* Full Techtool Activating (For all volvo brands !!!)
* Last ACPI+ update for standard and for development AND special DESIGNER user !!!
* You can Choose User ID like: A123456 or M555555 OR TECHTOL OR ANY OTHER..
*You can choose your logo or name to stay in techtool
*NOT DLL PATCHED registration. Real registration for Techtool
- Dev2tool (for programming parameters on older trucks)
- Developer tool Acpi+ Ultimate pro v3 (for programming parameters on newer trucks)
– Connection on real vehicle – NEW Verion
- IS editor Encriptor/ Decriptor
- Visfeed + Volvo xml editor + instriuction
- Parameter description for all version (2 3 and 3 version ) -New Version
7.Volvo/ IS File Encryptor/Decryptor
- Dtc error info – New Verison –
- TT old electrical system converter tool
- VISFEED ENC/DEC TEA2 ULTIMATE version