Tech2Win is a Windows application which can emulate Tech2 diagnostics on a PC or laptop. Tech2Win software can be loaded onto a service PC or laptop via TIS2Web. It is not a replacement of the GM Tech2 scanner. It proved to be a new resource that provides additional convenience and diagnostic capability.
Windows XP O/S
Hard disk: 500GB
A vehicle communication interface (GM MDI scanner) must be installed and connected to PC.
PC/laptop with sufficient power supply
Tech2Win support language:
Bulgarian, Czech, Danish, German, English (either British or American), Greek, Spanish, Finnish, French, Croatian, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Dutch, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese (Brazil), Portuguese (Portugal), Romanian, Russian, Slovenian, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional)
1) Tech2Win is designed to be used for diagnostic function. It can not provide programming function.
2) Service programming function can only through the TIS2Web service programming system (SPS)
3) Cover the same vehicle models as Tech2.
4) Detect the computing power of PC as well as the speed of the GM MDI diagnostic interface
5) Provide faster operation that a Tech2 scan tool with CANdi module
OBD365 here offers you link to download Tech2Win software:
Free Download Tech2Win software
Tech2Win user manual Free Download
Tech2Win software is able to work with tough screen, no need keyboard. Only need when enter file names.
How to install Tech2Win software:
1) Connect GM MDI diagnostic interface into the computer via USB port
2) Turn any anti-virus software or firewall software off.
3) Select the Tech2Win software download on TIS2Web. Install Tech2Win software when installation prompt pops out.
4) Install Tech2Win software using default selections. After succeed install software, there will two shortcuts:Tech2Win QuickStart and Tech2Win Configurator on computer desktop
5) Open Tech2Win QuickStart shortcut icon on the desktop
6) Click OK when the license dialog pops out
7) When the MDI is detected, a dialogue box will direct you to select the vehicle communication interface.
8 To initiate the software license and install the diagnostic software, select the Software Download (SWDL) on TIS2Web and click Start Software Download.
9) Select diagnostic tool as “Tech2” and select the update mode to “Custom”. Click “Next”
10) Select the desired diagnostic software package. Click Download to start download the software package.
11) The license countdown in the lower right corner will be upgraded to 30 after the software package download is complete. The software requires a license that must be updated every 30 days. Use the security access service or update the diagnostic software using the standard update mode to renew the license.
Set the comm. Port as COM 9 on your PC. If this port is used for other devices, switch the comm port setting by selecting the Tech2Win Configurator shortcut icon on the desktop.
You can check the Tech2Win activity between vehicle, MDI, Tech2Win and the PC on the button of the software program screen marked red picture below.
If you need to refer more detail installation information, please check TIS2Web News and select the Tech2Win Quick Reference Guide.